STDs and STI Articles
Antopias MPWH Review
Free membership: Lifetime free but with limited features
Premium Membership: 350 for a lifetime membership that offers additional features
Antopia's MPWH.com is 11-year old and also the largest herpes dating site where you can meet other people living with herpes and HPV. Current membership count is a little over 71,000 with members predominantly from the USA. MPWH is the brainchild of Jodi and Max of Antopia and they also run several HPV support and information sites such as www.GotHerpes.com, www.GotHPV.com, and H2OFriends.com.
The site is pretty bare bones but over the past decade MPWH has earned the trust as the best online dating site for people with Herpes and HPV. The chats and forums are moderated and members' anonymity is protected well. Even their free members can access the chat rooms on open days - normally Mondays and Thursdays.
Despite the moderation, the spam profiles do trickle in, like on any other free site. The site does post regular warnings to members though to protect their privacy from fraudulent scamsters and warns against giving out any financial information. Signing up for a membership plan will of course, give you more features and accessibility options such as Instant messenger using web cam, forum posts and full access to the chat room. Apart from dating if you are newly diagnosed with Herpes and need a warm and welcoming community that helps you cope, this is the place to visit. The site also has a great myth section that discusses common myths about herpes in plain English.
- Profile with pictures
- Forums, Instant messenger chats
- Most comprehensive list of Herpes resources, news and articles
- Instant messenger with webcam
- Profile anonymity and Privacy
- Large membership base - over 70,000
- Best resource and support forum for Herpes and HPV
- Open days - where free members can access the site's chat rooms and interact with other paid/free members.
- Boring site interface
- Quite a few spam profiles as membership is mainly free and the filtering/review process is poor