Positive Singles Review
Free membership: Lifetime free but with limited features
Gold Membership: Currently offering discounted price of $29.95/month
Before we get started it is an important note that PositiveSingles.com may very well be the best std dating site we have reviewed. That being said, we found their free profile to be quite useless and realised its true potential only when registering for a full membership.
PositiveSingles - a part of the Successful Match network, is one of the most popular STD dating sites online. It's a full feature dating site that facilitates contact with people infected with STDs such as - HSV-1, HSV-2, HPV, HIV, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Chlamydia, Thrush, Syphilis, etc. STDmatch.net is also a service of Positivesingles.com so signing on to one site will give you access to profiles from the other.
The site has sparked over 100,000 profile blogs and is one of the fastest growing networks online. The profiles are predominantly from the English-speaking world - USA, Canada, UK and Australia, though the service is extended worldwide. Do remember this site only works if you're willing to be up front about your infection, the sign up process requires you to state your STD right at the beginning.
PositiveSingles offers two membership plans - a fully loaded gold membership, as well as a free membership with limited accessibility that nevertheless lets you put up a profile, add a photo, do limited searches and even respond to messages that you receive. But if you want to take advantage of all the goodies that the site offers you're better off with a Gold membership. Although the fee for a gold membership is a little steep, the site does manually review every application that they receive, thus ensuring that they weed out spammers and undesirable profiles.
While the site interface may not be the most aesthetically appealing they more than make up for it with their power packed features.
- Total control over initiating contact - Modes of contact email, Instant messenger chat, forum and blog
- Privacy protection: Your email id is not shared with any of the other members. The site sets up an email id for you - email@example.com and all contact is initiated through this email id. So, your real email id is never revealed unless you want to.
- Advanced sorting and search features - the site provides a keyword search option that lets you search for common interests, and you can sort for profiles based on geographic proximity - say within 10-miles from where you live.
- Strong privacy and security measures, such as "Hide Undesirables"
- Flirt online or show interest by sending winks to profiles.
- Photo profiles - You can upload up to 20 pictures and the site even offers a photo scanning facility where you can mail your photo to the site and they'll scan and upload it for you.
- Access to latest STD news/tips for safe dating, etc.
- PositiveSingles also has an onsite STD counselor /expert who will answer your questions, give you advice.
- Quality and number of relevant profiles
- Security and privacy
- No video chat/video uploading option
- Gold Membership is pricey